Process of making the choice of the most appropriate person from the pool of applicants recruited to fill the relevant job vacancy.
Important of Selection
- To get the right person for the job vacancy.
To ensure organization productivity and efficiency maximize in Organization. And also not a overutilized person or not a underutilized person.
- To establish or maintain organization reputation as a good employer.
If organization recruit wrong person according to the interviwer likelihood and biars then qualified people express bad image about organization.
- To perform the selection process as cost effective as possible.
If organization select correct person then that cost become investment for the organization.
Recruitment for Successful Selection
- Good selection ratio
Selection ration is the proportion of job applications selected to the number of jab vacancies. Small selection ratio has high quality.
- Good selectors
Selectors must be intelligent, knowledgeable and must have good characters.
- Good ethical standards
Not discriminate applicants based on gender, nation, religion and etc. Should avoid criticism and biars.
- Good budget
There should be a sufficient amount of finance to perform selection in a expected way. Organization see this budget as a investment.
- Application Evaluation
Assessing the job applicant suitability for the job vacancy by using the given information.
- Haven’t any favours and biars.
- Low cost.
- Help for making personal file.
- Can select most suitable person refering their information.
- Quick way.
- Time consume.
- Can’t see person physically.
- Candidate can provide wrong information.
- Getting more applications increase cost.
- Employement Test
Hold to assess the degree of suitability of the job applicant to the job vacancy.
- Best method for high caliber vacancy.
- Avoid biars and prejudices.
- Can identify best performance from same level of people
- Costly method.
- Mental condition of the candidate during the examination will affect for the result.
- Neglect the person experience, qualifications and so on.
A face to face, oral and observational evaluation method of a appraising an applicant acceptability bwith reguard to a certain job.
Most dominat and famous method.