Conflict is a disagreement between two or more individuals, groups or organizations. This may be a physically or mentally.
A collection of individuals who have regular contact and everyday interaction, mutual influence, common sense of comradeship, and who work together to achieve a common set of goals.
Characteristics of a Group
- Interact with two or more people – share ideas, knowledge, and assigning duties
- Common goals – In here complete the goal with in the time period
- Stable group structure – group consist with the structure
- Perceive as a group – Willing to work as a group
Organizing is an arrangement of organizational resources (human, financial, physical, information) to achieve strategic goals. This involves assigning tasks, grouping tasks in to departments, delegating authorities and allocating resources across the organization. Grouping tasks to motivate their employees.
Planning is a core area of all the functions of management in an organization. This is a foundation and based on that other three functions build.
This function setting objectives and determine actions to achieve those objectives.
1. Strategy – Management of Organization
Business strategies can also be a factor in a company. High growth companies usually have smaller organizational structures so they can react to changes in the business environment in a quicker manner than other companies. Business owners may also be Unwilling to give up managerial control in Business operations.
Someone whoes primary responsibility is to carry out the Management Process (planning, organizing, leading & controlling).
Not only these four functions but also managers always doing many more things. Such as financial, physical and etc.
Kind of Managers by Level & Area
kind of Managers by Level
- Top Level Managers
Managers who responsible for overall performance of the organization. They establish operating policies and guide the organization. They set goals and objectives.
Ex: CEO, BOD, Chairperson
- Middle Level Managers
A large group that implement the strategies developed at the top management.
- First line Managers/ Lower Level Managers
Managers who supervise and coordinate the activities of operating employees. They involve in the day to day activities of an organization.
Ex: Assistance, Supervisor
Kind of Managers by Area
- Marketing Managers
Ex: Top level – Chief Marketing Managers, Marketing consultants
- Financial Managers
Ex: Top level – Chief Financial Officer, Finance consultants
- Operating Managers
- Human Resources Managers
- Other Kinds of Managers – Ex: project Mangers
A Manager’s Role towards Management Process
- Planning –
Managers cannot operate effectively unless he/she has long range plans.
A plan for each day’s work:
- What is to be done and why do it?
- When is to be done and how will it be done?
- Who is to do the job?
- Where should it be done?
- Organizing –
In here consider about how their duties and responsibilities, team or group activities, communication channels and so on. Manager should carefully defined in terms of whatis to be done in each job.
- Leading –
this means overseeing the team by influencing the employees to get the job done. They shold motivate employees and create an environment that makes employees work efficiently.
- Contrilling –
This means a method of cheking up to find what has been done and what must be done. Business shold control because of dynamic environment and new competitors are coming to the market.
And also manager must know about employees performance rates.
Basic Managerial Roles and Skills
The three Interpersonal Skills
Interpersonal means relationship with others and human skills. This is all about how managers can manage people to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Figurehead – Perform ceremonial and symbolic duties such as greeting visitors, signing legal documents and so on. Ex: Bank Manager
- Leader – Direct and motivate, subordinate and directly communicating about the organizational goals and objectives.
- Coordinator – Maintain information links both inside and outside of the organization by using e-mails, meetings, phone calls and etc.
The Three Informational Roles
- Monitor – Seek and receive information, prepare reports and maintatin personal contacts.
- Dissaminator – Forward information to other rganization member through memos, reports, agenda and phone calls.
- Spokesperson- Transferm information to outside parties through speeches.
The Four Decisional Roles
- Entrepreneur – Initial improvement project, identify new idea and explore new things.
- Disturbance Handler – Take corrective action to solve a conflicts fights between subordinates
- Resource Allocator – Decide who get resources schedules, budgets and set priorities.
- Negotiator – Represent department when negotiate with Trade Union, Supliers and so on.
I appreciate your feedback. Please don’t forget to click on like button and put comment for me. Thank you!! 😊 😊
What is an Organization?
A group of people work together in a structured and coordinated fashion to achieve a set of goals.
Two or more people who work together in a structured way to achieve a specific goal or set of goals.
Types of organizations and goals
- Private organization – profit maximizing
- Public organization – services provide
- NGO – social services
Why Management came to world?
- Scare resources – land, labour, capital & entrepreneurship
- Changing nature of human attitude and behaviours
What is Management?
A set of activities ( decision making, organizing, leading and controlling) directed at an organization’s resources (human, financial, physical and information) with the aim of achieving organizational goals in an efficient and effective manner.
Basic purpose of Management
- Efficiently – getting the maximum outcome from limited resources
Doing things right
- Effectibely- making the right decisions and successfully implementing them
Doing the right thing
Ex: Apple & Samsung companies
Management in Organization
- Input – manager attitudes & thinking pattern, Human resources, Financial resources, Physical resources and information resources
- Process – Planning, Organizing, Controlling & Leading
- Output – Efficiently, Effectively, quality service or product
The Management Process
Planning and Decision Making
There should be a more powerful planning function inside a business. Organization set their goals in that function.
- Short term plan – day to day plan
- Mid term plan – 2-5 year plan
- Long term plan – more than 10 year plan
In here organization determine how activities and resources are grouped.
Organization getting their members to work together to advance the interest of the organization.
Organization monitor their progress towards goals.
I appreciate your feedback. Please don’t forget to click on like button and put comment for me. Thank you!!!😊😊