Someone whoes primary responsibility is to carry out the Management Process (planning, organizing, leading & controlling).
Not only these four functions but also managers always doing many more things. Such as financial, physical and etc.
Kind of Managers by Level & Area
kind of Managers by Level
- Top Level Managers
Managers who responsible for overall performance of the organization. They establish operating policies and guide the organization. They set goals and objectives.
Ex: CEO, BOD, Chairperson
- Middle Level Managers
A large group that implement the strategies developed at the top management.
- First line Managers/ Lower Level Managers
Managers who supervise and coordinate the activities of operating employees. They involve in the day to day activities of an organization.
Ex: Assistance, Supervisor
Kind of Managers by Area
- Marketing Managers
Ex: Top level – Chief Marketing Managers, Marketing consultants
- Financial Managers
Ex: Top level – Chief Financial Officer, Finance consultants
- Operating Managers
- Human Resources Managers
- Other Kinds of Managers – Ex: project Mangers
A Manager’s Role towards Management Process
- Planning –
Managers cannot operate effectively unless he/she has long range plans.
A plan for each day’s work:
- What is to be done and why do it?
- When is to be done and how will it be done?
- Who is to do the job?
- Where should it be done?
- Organizing –
In here consider about how their duties and responsibilities, team or group activities, communication channels and so on. Manager should carefully defined in terms of whatis to be done in each job.
- Leading –
this means overseeing the team by influencing the employees to get the job done. They shold motivate employees and create an environment that makes employees work efficiently.
- Contrilling –
This means a method of cheking up to find what has been done and what must be done. Business shold control because of dynamic environment and new competitors are coming to the market.
And also manager must know about employees performance rates.
Basic Managerial Roles and Skills
The three Interpersonal Skills
Interpersonal means relationship with others and human skills. This is all about how managers can manage people to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Figurehead – Perform ceremonial and symbolic duties such as greeting visitors, signing legal documents and so on. Ex: Bank Manager
- Leader – Direct and motivate, subordinate and directly communicating about the organizational goals and objectives.
- Coordinator – Maintain information links both inside and outside of the organization by using e-mails, meetings, phone calls and etc.
The Three Informational Roles
- Monitor – Seek and receive information, prepare reports and maintatin personal contacts.
- Dissaminator – Forward information to other rganization member through memos, reports, agenda and phone calls.
- Spokesperson- Transferm information to outside parties through speeches.
The Four Decisional Roles
- Entrepreneur – Initial improvement project, identify new idea and explore new things.
- Disturbance Handler – Take corrective action to solve a conflicts fights between subordinates
- Resource Allocator – Decide who get resources schedules, budgets and set priorities.
- Negotiator – Represent department when negotiate with Trade Union, Supliers and so on.
I appreciate your feedback. Please don’t forget to click on like button and put comment for me. Thank you!! 😊 😊